Every business owner needs to make several business decisions that influence the operations, efficiency and profitability of his business. Picking the CPA or accountant is also a vital business decision as the right accountant can help you save efforts, time and money. A CPA can handle all business finance tasks, right from bookkeeping to tax preparation for your business in San Antonio.
An accountant is skilled, qualified and acts as a trusted advisor for your business. But how do you find the “right” CPA or accountant who is good for your company? Well, here are few points that you should consider –
- Requirements of your Business – What type of accountancy services are you looking for? Do you need an accountant to handle your bookkeeping or are you looking for tax planning too? Depending on the type of your business and your in-house team, make a list of services you need for an accountant. Look for an accounting firm that has expertise in services you are looking for.
- Current Clients – Have a look at the client base they are serving. Do they have clients from your geographical area? You can also ask for few names of their clients and get references.
- Software – Does the accounting firm still use paper spreadsheets? Or do they use software to manage bookkeeping of their clients? If you already have a QuickBooks accounting software for your San Antonio business, is the accountant well equipped to work with it?
- Experience – Has the accounting firm served businesses across different industries or are limited to a specific area? Do they have existing clients for your sector? Do they have knowledge of challenges faced in your industry?
- Questions – Interview different accounting firms that you are considering. Ask them questions, get your queries cleared and then come to a decision. The way an accountant communicates and explains accounting terms in simple language indicates their experience.
Every business needs to make a close relationship with their accountant for years. So, the choice of a right accountant or CPA for your business in San Antonio is very important. If you are looking for an accountant for a small or medium size business in San Antonio, get in touch with Uhlenbrock CPA at 210-701-1040.